Great Eastern Life Assurance (Malaysia) Berhad
Great Eastern began its operations in 1908 as a branch office of The Great Eastern Life Assurance Company Limited. The Malaysian operations was subsequently transferred to a locally incorporated public company, Great Eastern Life Assurance (Malaysia) Berhad under the Scheme of Transfer of Business. The Company was certified by The Malaysia Book of Records in 1998 as “The Oldest and Largest Life Insurer” in Malaysia.
With more than a century of experience, Great Eastern has assets in excess of RM50 billion. The head office, 21 operational branch offices nationwide and a network of 17,000 agents serve over 2.8 million policies in force.
A wholly owned subsidiary of Great Eastern Holdings Limited (GEH) and its parent company is Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation Limited (OCBC). Great Eastern is licensed under the Insurance Act and regulated by Bank Negara Malaysia.
As a company committed to the ‘people’ business, Great Eastern continues to meet its customers’ needs with regard to financial planning, protection and savings. Generations of individuals, families and businesses have been and will continue to be assured of their financial security with the company’s full range of products: life insurance plans, investment-linked plans, mortgage protection, business protection, employee benefits, medical insurance and group health benefit schemes.
‘Life is Great!’ The Company’s tagline championing for continuous growth, Great Eastern is on track to be the leading financial service provider in Asia, recognised for our excellence as the Company celebrated its 103rd Anniversary in 2011.
Awards and achievements in 2011
- The BrandLaureate Brand Icon Leadership Awards
- Persatuan Usahawan Maju Malaysia (PUMM)’s Top 50 Enterprise Award: Honorary Award
- Malaysia’s 100 Leading Graduate Employer 2011: Insurance
- LOMA Educational Achievement Award
- Top 10 Chinese Economic Talent
- Customer Relationship Management and Contact Centre Association Malaysia (CCAM) Annual Awards 2011: Best Call Centre Manager, Gold Award
- Reader’s Digest Trusted Brand Gold Award
- Asia Pacific Entrepreneurship Award (APEA)
- The BrandLaureate: Asia Pacific Best Brands – Top 10 Masters of Industry, Insurance Award
- ShareGuide Association (SGAM) ICT Award (Starbuddy)
Great Eastern Life Assurance (M) Berhad
Level 7, Menara Great Eastern
303 Jalan Ampang, 50450 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Tel: +(603) 4259 8759/ 8781
Fax: +(603) 4259 8799
Contact Person: Lenard Cheong
No of employees: 1,000 -10,000 people
Number of expected graduate vacancies in 2012: Above 50
Closing date for job applications: On-going
Intern/Management Trainee Programme: Yes
Application deadline for internships : On-going
CGPA 3 and above.
Location: Great Eastern, Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur